Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on everything you cherish in your life. That includes pet appreciation, of course! When you and your loved ones are eating turkey, stuffing, green beans, pumpkin pie and more at the dinner table, your fur baby is right there with you (most likely waiting for some food to fall off the table). Showing how thankful you are for your four-legged companion is something that comes naturally year-round. Pet love is a special bond and a daily reminder of how lucky you are as a pet parent.
5 Reasons to Be Thankful for Your Pet Every Day
1. Your Pets Are Always There for YouRain or shine, one of the major benefits of having a furry companion is that they are always there for you! To be greeted at the door with lots of licks, hugs and the face of pure excitement is enough to brighten any day. Your pet is usually right by your side through significant milestones in your life, and spending the holidays with your pets makes for more special memories you’ll share together. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to shower your pet with just a few more goodies, like Pawtriotic Pumpkin Pie Dog Treats, than usual that they can gobble right up!
2. You Can Be Silly TogetherOne of the major benefits that comes with being a pet parent is that you can let your goofy side come out! Whether it’s playing dress up at home or taking funny photos, there’s never a limit to how silly you can be. For some extra silliness on turkey day, try out Rubie’s Costume Company Pilgrim Costume—a cat or dog costume that’s ideal for Thanksgiving dinner, a walk in the park or a pet parade! Your pet is bound to get some smiles with this adorable outfit
3. They Shower You With CuddlesYou can always count on cuddles that are filled with pet love. Laying low at home, relaxing with your four-legged friend, and snuggling the day away is always a day well spent. While this is something you may get to do quite often, during the holidays, you can reflect on how much these little moments make a huge impact on your life.
4. You’re Part of the PackWhen you bond with pets, you form your own close-knit team—they’re your pack. Training is a significant bonding exercise that can help build trust and mutual appreciation. For your next training session, try PureBites Turkey Breast Freeze-Dried Cat Treats in honor of the Thanksgiving spirit. These cat treats have only one ingredient—turkey breast! If your pup is in need of some extra Thanksgiving pet appreciation, try Plato EOS Turkey with Cranberry Dog Treats. These grain-free bites are made with over 90 percent USA-grown turkey, topped off with slow-roasted cranberries.
5. Your Pets Are Thankful for You, TooPet appreciation goes both ways. Your pet feels just as lucky to have you as you feel to have them! The bond you share is irreplaceable and something that warms all the hearts in your furry family. Make sure your Thanksgiving dog or Thanksgiving cat are feasting with the rest of your loved ones. Try filling their bowl (or plate) with Merrick Thanksgiving Dinner Cat Food or Merrick Thanksgiving Dinner Dog Food to make your pet feel involved (and full!) this holiday season.
We’re sure there are more than five reasons to be thankful for your pet, but these are just a few reminders of just how special your four-legged companion truly is!
Lindsay Schencker, BeChewy Editorial Assistant The moment Lindsay started her career here at Chewy, she hit the ground running in customer service; she knew that this is the company she wanted to grow with from then on. When Lindsay isn’t spending her time writing for BeChewy, she’s most likely binge-watching a Netflix series and cuddling up with her 80-pound fur baby, Dexter.