Easy Dog Treat Recipe for Fun Football Cookies
Whether you’re cheering for your favorite team while sporting face paint or watching the game around a snack-filled table, the Super Bowl is a great time to gather with friends and celebrate the big game! Though staple finger foods are a party favorite and a yummy treat for us, they aren’t so great for our pooches. Give your pup his own game day DIY dog treat with this quick and easy dog treat recipe made just for him!
- 1 cup crushed and packed Stella & Chewy’s Chewy’s Chicken Dinner Patties
- ½ cup Fruitables Chicken Broth Bowls Dog Food Topper
- 1 1/3 cup peanut butter (make sure it doesn’t contain xylitol, a harmful ingredient for dogs!)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup rice flour
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cup
- Football-shaped cookie cutter
- Mixing spoon
- 2 plastic baggies
- Large mixing bowl
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10-12 treats
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Crush enough Stella & Chewy’s Chewy’s Chicken Dinner Patties to fill 1 packed cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the patties with Fruitables Chicken Broth Bowls Dog Food Topper, rice flour and 1/3 cup peanut butter.
- Knead the dough, and press onto a baking sheet.
- Using the football-shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes from the dough, and space them out on the baking sheet to form your DIY dog treats.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool.
- Fill one plastic baggie with the remaining peanut butter from the dog cookie recipe and the other with the Greek yogurt.
- Cut the tips off of the plastic baggies, starting with the peanut butter, and pipe the peanut butter onto each of the DIY dog treats.
- Next, using the Greek yogurt baggie, pipe on the white football detailing and laces for some DIY dog treats that are sure to get your pooch’s tail wagging.
- Serve to your eagerly awaiting #1 football (treat) fans.
This step-by-step easy dog treat recipe is sure to get your pooch in on the game day fun. Reward your pup for “going long” during a half-time game of fetch or for being the MVP at the Super Bowl party with this touchdown-worthy dog cookie recipe!
This recipe was reviewed by a veterinarian. It is intended as a treat or snack. Treats should only constitute a small percentage of your pet’s daily food. If your pet has any health issues, or if you have any concerns, consult your pet’s veterinarian before offering this food item.
Originally from Chicago, Nicole joined the Chewy team as a marketing intern in January, 2017. Since then, Nicole has continued writing and photographing for Chewy as a Content Collaborator while completing her education at Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business. She is majoring in both marketing and corporate innovation, before returning to Chewy as a Marketing Analyst. In her free time, Nicole enjoys traveling, riding her horse or snuggling up with her Pug, @zoetheloaf, and Terrier, Cozmo.