It’s time to spoil your dogs with a completely human-grade DIY dog treat recipe. These homemade dog biscuits are high in dietary fiber from sweet potato and apples to ensure digestive system health in an easy dog treat recipe. Mixed with The Honest Kitchen Marvel Grain-Free Dehydrated Dog Food and ingredients you’d find at your own local grocery store, this dog cookie recipe is a great way to introduce new foods to a dog that’s on a limited ingredient diet. Give your furry friend a unique reward with this easy dog treat recipe!
- ¾ cup The Honest Kitchen Marvel Grain-Free Dehydrated Dog Food
- 1 sweet potato
- 1½ cups freeze-dried apples
- ¼ cup warm water
- Hugs Pet Products Silicone Baking Pan
- Rolling pin
- Measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Resealable plastic bag
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 105 minutes
Yield: 20 DIY dog treats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash sweet potato, and dry. Poke with fork multiple times, and bake for 60 minutes.
3. Place freeze-dried apples in resealable plastic bag, and crush with rolling pin.
4. Mix apples, sweet potato, water and The Honest Kitchen Marvel Grain-Free Dehydrated Dog Food in mixing bowl with fork.
5. Press mixture into each bone shape in the baking pan.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Once cooled, press from bottom of baking pan to get homemade dog biscuits out of form.
Add this dog biscuit recipe to your own cookbook so your four-legged family can have their own special dessert after dinner! Whether it be for a dog obedience school graduation, special occasion, or just for being top dog in your house, this dog cookie recipe is the perfect gift for dog lovers or your own best-in-show pup!
This recipe was reviewed by a veterinarian. It is intended as a treat or snack. Treats should only constitute a small percentage of your pet’s daily food. If your pet has any health issues, or if you have any concerns, consult your pet’s veterinarian before offering this food item.