Mother’s Day DIY Dog Treats: Dog Cupcakes
Everyone knows there’s nothing like freshly baked goods made by mom. This Mother’s Day, treat your pup to some homemade DIY dog treats straight from the kitchen with this easy dog treat recipe. Nothing says, “I’m a Dog Mom” more than serving your fur baby a fresh batch of homemade dog cupcakes on Mother’s Day (other than by owning this mug, of course).
If you’re ready to get into the Mother’s Day spirit with your favorite fur child in tow, try this delicious dog treat recipe and show off those baking skills!
- 3 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbsp Petpost! Coconut Oil for Dogs
- 1 1/2 cups Whisk & Wag Honey & Oats Dog Treat Mix
- Creamy peanut butter, for frosting (make sure there is no xylitol)
- 12 Newman’s Own Dog Treats
- Cupcake tray
- Paper liners
- Small bowl
- Large mixing bowl
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 dog cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line the cupcake tray with paper liners.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mash the bananas in the small bowl.
- Combine the eggs, mashed bananas and melted coconut oil in a large bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Add Whisk & Wag Honey & Oats to the bowl, and mix the wet and dry ingredients together with a whisk until smooth.
- Use the spatula to fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Frost with creamy peanut butter and add a Newman’s Own Dog Treat on top of each cupcake.
- Serve your dog cupcakes to your canine kids! You rock, Mom!
Samantha Schwab, Junior Editor
As an aspiring cat mom, Samantha Schwab can be found mining keywords, meticulously editing Pet Central blog posts or standing at her desk (usually all three!). An espresso shot and kitty cuddles are the only things that stand between Samantha and conquering the (pet) world!