This stylish, functional ombre rope leash can be made in any color of your choosing—just pick your favorite dye and get started.
Ombre Dog Leash Supplies
- Two yards of cotton rope
- Metal rope clamps
- A key ring
- A snap hook
- RIT fabric dye
- Four yards of yarn, cut in half
- E6000 glue
- Rubber gloves
- Cut your length of rope and yarn.
- Follow the directions on the dye package to mix it up in a bucket.
- Submerge ¾ of the rope in the dye and half of the yarn.
- After a minute, pull out about a foot and let the remaining rope sit in the dye for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process one more time with the last foot or 2 of rope and the yarn. Let sit for 45 minutes more.
- Let dry overnight.
- To assemble, slide on the key ring and make a loop for the handle.
- Slide on the snap hook and make a loop at that end.
- Secure both ends with metal rope clamps.
- Draw a line of glue along the rope clamp on the handle end of the leash and wrap it with the undyed yarn. Secure with a double knot.
- Repeat this process on the other end with the dyed yarn that matches the rope.
Tori Mistick is the stylish dog mom behind the award-winning blog Wear Wag Repeat. She loves to document dog friendly adventures with her Chocolate Labrador, Lucy, on Instagram.