It’s no secret that dogs are man’s best friend. From spending time together at home or adventuring outdoors, the fun never ends. Spoil your four-legged fur baby with this no-bake trail mix bar that’s a tasty treat for your favorite pup.
Packed with protein and antioxidants, this DIY dog treat recipe is also safe for humans and is made from ingredients from your own pantry. Grab a few to share and travel light the next time you hit the trails for an energized adventure.
- 1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup of all-natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 4 tbsp. of cold water
- ¼ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup of all-natural and unsweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup of all-natural and unsweetened banana chips
- ¼ cup of all-natural and unsweetened freeze-dried blueberries
- 6×10-inch baking pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Rubber scraper
- Small plastic bag
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Plastic wrap
Prep time: 25 minutes
Refrigeration time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 dog treats
Serving size: 1 dog treat
- Mix the chia seeds with water in a small mixing bowl, then set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the banana chips in a plastic bag and crush them with your rolling pin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, the peanut butter, the coconut, the dried cranberries and the freeze-dried blueberries with the soaked chia seeds. Mix together.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the banana chip crumble over the top as a topping.
- Cover with plastic wrap and press down to securely set the crushed banana chips on top of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut it into 12 bars.
- Wrap each train mix bar in plastic wrap so it’s ready go when you and your dog are!
- Store in an airtight container and use within one week.
For more tips on keeping a happy and healthy home with pets, check out Chewy’s Healthy at Home Guide.