Last updated: 12/08/2023
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 48 Contiguous United States or the District of Columbia.
ARBITRATION NOTICE: THESE TERMS CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE A LITTLE LATER ON. YOU AND CHEWY AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN US WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION, AND YOU AND CHEWY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
1. How to Enter. To enter the Chewy Claus Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, submit your pet’s letter to Chewy Claus on Sponsor's landing page https://be.chewy.com/chewy-claus/ and follow all steps outlined in Sponsor's Chewy Claus form. All successful form completions on this landing page will be referred to herein each as a "Submission." All Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant's Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (c) any third parties included in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be included in the Submission in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request releases from any third parties included in any Submissions at any time. Failure to produce third party releases upon Sponsor's request may result in disqualification, as determined by Sponsor is its sole and absolute discretion.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Entry Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins on 11/62023 at 06:00am EST and concludes on 12/15/2023 at 11:59pm EST ("Sweepstakes Period").
3. Eligibility. Prize eligibility is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of residence. Void outside of the 48 Contiguous United States, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Chewy, Inc. ("Sponsor") and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to for the prize but are able to submit a Letter to Chewy Claus. They must disclose themselves by using their chewy email address or disclosing themselves in the open-text field of the form. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 48 Contiguous United States or the District of Columbia (you can submit a letter but are not eligible for a prize). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that entrant's Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant or Submission from the Sweepstakes if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant's Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant's Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Random Drawing. Winner(s) will be selected at random from eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes period and will be notified about three (3) weeks at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period (12/15/2023) or the date listed in Sponsor's Giveaway Post. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or a Sponsor representative. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
6. Prize(s). Sponsor plans to award up to 20,000 (twenty-thousand) prizes approximately valued at $10USD, and may, at its sole discretion select up to 5 (five) valued up to $10,000. Chewy Claus will give extra love and care to some of the most vulnerable pets living in shelters and rescues this holiday season with the help of Greater Good Charities.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner(s). If the prize is a gift card, gift card terms and conditions apply. Limit one prize per person or household.
7. Notification. Winner(s) will be sent their prize approximately within two (2) to four (4) weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period and will not be notified otherwise. Winners may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) calendar days of receipt. Additionally, potential winner(s) may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. [If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian].
If any potential winner’s shipment is undeliverable or if the address provided is not an address in the USPS system, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate (time-permitting). Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (I.E, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND/OR INSTAGRAM) AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASED ENTITIES"), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner's permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ITSELF AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Agreement to Individual Arbitration Governing Law. EXCEPT FOR A CLAIM THAT MAY BE BROUGHT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT, YOU AND CHEWY AGREE TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS ACCESS TO DISCOVERY, ALSO MAY BE UNAVAILABLE OR LIMITED IN ARBITRATION.
Fees and Costs. Except for a demand determined by an arbitrator or court to be frivolous, brought in bad faith, or where the initiating party has failed to follow the pre-arbitration dispute resolution process below, Chewy will pay the filing fees for both parties. The AAA consumer rules will otherwise apply to determine the costs and expenses due from each party. In addition, if you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Chewy will pay up to USD $1,000 of your attorneys’ fees and costs and expenses in connection with the arbitration if the arbitrator deems the payment of such amount is necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive.
Batch Arbitration. To increase the efficiency of administration and resolution of arbitrations, in the event 100 or more similar individual arbitration demands presented by or with the assistance or coordination of the same law firm or organization are submitted to AAA or another arbitration provider (if AAA is unavailable) against Chewy within a 90-day period (or in otherwise close proximity), the arbitration provider shall (i) administer the arbitration demands in batches of 100 demands per batch (to the extent there are fewer than 100 arbitration demands left over after the batching described above, a final batch will consist of the remaining demands); (ii) designate one arbitrator for each batch; and (iii) provide for a single filing fee due per side per batch. You agree to cooperate in good faith with Chewy and AAA to implement such a “batch approach” or other similar approach to provide for an efficient resolution of claims, including the payment of single filing and administrative fees for batches of claims. This “Batch Arbitration” provision shall in no way be interpreted as authorizing class arbitration of any kind.
Location. At your election, the arbitration will take place in the county in which you reside or, if you choose, by telephone, video conference, or based on the parties’ written submissions.
Required Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. Prior to initiating any arbitration, the initiating party will give the other party at least 60-days' advanced written notice of its intent to file for arbitration. Chewy will provide such notice by e-mail to your e-mail address on file with Chewy and you must provide such notice by e-mail to email@example.com. During such 60-day notice period, the parties will endeavor to settle amicably by mutual discussions any Covered Disputes. Failing such amicable settlement and expiration of the notice period, either party may initiate arbitration. This provision is a precondition to any arbitration demand, and any party making an arbitration demand must certify that it has complied with the requirement when filing an arbitration demand and AAA may not accept any demand without this certification.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER. CHEWY AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY COVERED DISPUTE HEREUNDER WILL BE SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS ONLY (EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE “BATCH ARBITRATION” PROVISION DESCRIBED ABOVE). NEITHER CHEWY NOR YOU ARE ENTITLED TO ARBITRATE ANY COVERED DISPUTE AS A CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY ACTION AND THE ARBITRATOR(S) WILL HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO PROCEED ON A CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL BASIS (EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE “BATCH ARBITRATION” PROVISION DESCRIBED ABOVE).
If any provision of the agreement to arbitrate in this section is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced (but in no case will there be a class, representative or private attorney general arbitration).
Miscellaneous. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we agree that if Chewy makes any future material change to this dispute resolution provision, it will not apply to any individual claim(s) for which you had already provided notice to Chewy. In the event that this arbitration agreement does not apply to a given dispute, then the parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Broward County, Florida to resolve such claims.
13. Name of Winner/List of Winners. To obtain the name(s) of winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than four (4) weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period to: Chewy, Inc. 7700 West Sunrise Boulevard, Plantation, Florida 33322 Att: Marketing Department.
14. Sponsor. Chewy, Inc., 7700 West Sunrise Boulevard, Plantation, Florida 33322
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, OR BRAND OTHER THAN CHEWY.